Number of hours per week5 hours
Are you the enthusiastic, playful and active volunteer that we are looking for?
Are you seeking new challanges? Within our association we offer you the opportunity to develop yourself while contributing to the development of children. Would you like to work together in a team envoirement for our youth members? Then we challenge you to contact us and become a leader of our association.
Within our association we call the leaders, the staff. With the ship buddies you and your team are staff of a maximum of 24 children between the ages of 7 and 10. Together with your staff team you ensure that there is a weekly program for the children.
Our programs almost always take place on or around the water.
What duties do you have as a staff member?
• You organize and form programs together with other staff members
• You connect within the discussion accuring within the group
• You organize weekend camps and the annual summer camp together with other staff members
• You guide youth members in their personal development
• You are open to feedback and you dare to give this to other volunteers within the association.
• You are ready for personal development in your position as a staff member
• You are interested in working with children from 7 to 11 years old
• You endorse the objective of Scouting Netherlands
• You are 18 years or older.
• You can request a Certificate of Good Behavior.
Estimation of time expected from you:
• Approximately 5 hours a week (including consultations and preparations)
• 6 weekend camps and the annual summer camp of 7 days
• A dynamic working environment for you as a volunteer in which there are many opportunities for personal development and growth.
• Guidance from a practical counselor during your time as staff member for the water scouts.
• A challenging position within the association in which you have a lot of freedom for your own contribution.
• A hobby in which you go home with a smile every Saturday and feelling energy from the youth members.
• the unique opportunity to make a nice addition to your CV. Stella Maris Waterscouts, an association founded in 1951. In addition to our club building in Geldrop, we have a fleet consisting of: our waiting ship the Outcomes and two tugboats. We also make use of various smaller sailing and motor boats and canoes during our attendance
Stella Maris Offers its youth members a safe learning environment in which they can develop and participate in interesting and challenging activities.
Stella Maris Waterscouting is connected with Scouting Nederland
For more information or to register as a volunteer you can contact our group supervisors Denise Strous, Wouter Setz or Thijs Somers via email@example.com
Thinking, Practical, Communicating and coaching, Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Organising, Working methodically, Collaborating, Work independently
Minimal level of education
Academic, College, MBO, VWO, High school, Vmbo
Days / Dayparts
Stella Maris Waterscouting
Stella Maris Waterscouts is a active organisation with around 100 active members. On Saturday the gathering takes place in Geldrop or in Lith where our members age from 5 to 18 years will play together and learn new things close to the water.
Different activities on and around the water where the children learn to work, play and cooporate together. In addition, the members learn canoeing, sailing and hopefully also try sailing with a motor boat.
Joost van Van Hoof