Number of hours per week4 hours
A jack-of-all-trades doer who likes small chat.
Who are we?
Vluchtelingen in de knel offers protection to refugees who have been rejected and therefore excluded from resources. We work from the tenet every person has the right to a dignified existence. Therefore we commit ourselves to ensuring these refugees have access to basic facilities and offer them intensive social legislative guidance where possible. We yearly help dozens of clients with emergency shelter in one of our relief centers.
Who are you?
You are involved with these people and want to contribute to their dignified existence. You are independent, open-minded and a go-getter. You are good in contact with a diverse target group. And of course, the painter’s brush and drill are no stranger to you.
What will you be doing?
You (and where possible with residents) will do odd jobs and small maintenance to the houses and furniture so our houses stay neat and habitable. Such as paint jobs, repairs and garden maintenance. This concerns odd jobs which aren’t part of the maintenance package of a housing association.
In consultation with the housing manager you carry out maintenance in which the following are important:
• Keeping in touch with residents in an informal setting;
• Stimulate residents in their own ability and responsibility and where possible involve them in the jobs to be carried out.
• Perceive if the house is neat and habitable.
• Keep the coordinator informed about the state of affair in a house and which task were carried out.
• See if things need to be purchased and if (large) repairs are necessary In consultation with the coordinator.
How much time will it cost you?
Average time spent a week is 1 part of the day. Usually you can plan the work yourself, but sometimes things need to be done in the short term. Therefore it is useful if you’re available on more parts of the day during the week.
What do we ask of you?
• A practical and flexible attitude with some odd job experience.
• Able to motivate other people.
• Independent and reliable.
• Speaks Dutch and sufficient English; French or another langauge is an advantage not a requirement.
• Committed for a longer period.
What do we offer you?
• The opportunity to really contribute to the dignified existence of refugees
• A warm and close team to work in.
• Guidance, support and training.
• Independence in the task in consultation with the coordinator.
• A volunteer's contract with the possibility to travel allowance and volunteer's insurance.
Send a mail with CV to email@example.com.
We will invite the most eligible candidates for an interview.
Practical, Communicating and coaching, Chores, Fixing, Collaborating, Work independently
Minimal level of education
Academic, College, MBO, VWO, Vmbo
Days / Dayparts
Vluchtelingen in de Knel
Doelstelling: Vluchtelingen in de Knel is een non-profit organisatie die zich sterk maakt voor de basisrechten van (afgewezen) vluchtelingen, vanuit de vaste overtuiging dat ieder mens bestaansrecht heeft. De doelstelling wordt bereikt mede door beïnvloeding van het overheidsbeleid met betrekking tot (afgewezen) vluchtelingen en hun rechten. The Vluchtelingen in de Knel (refugees stuck) foundation is a non-profit organization committing itself to defend basic rights of (rejected) refugees, convinced that every human being has a right to exist. The goal is achieved through influencing government policy with regard to (rejected) refugees and their rights.
Helping as many (rejected) refugees o reach future perspective with all available resources and make their basic rights count. Important to achieve this goal is contribute to public awareness of the situation of (rejected) refugees in the Netherlands.
Annelies van Zitteren